Pilates is a great form of exercise for Blackburn residents who want to tone their body, build strength and improve their overall balance.
There are many other additional benefits exercisers can look forward to including a stronger, more stable spine.
Find out more about Pilates in Blackburn from our knowledgeable staff by calling us on 01254 202 657 or sending us an email.
Pilates: What is it?
What is Pilates? Developed in the early 1900s by revered German trainer Joseph Hubertus Pilates, this form of achieving physical fitness is built around controlled movements of the body. These exercises aim to improve the body as well as the mind.
Pilates: What you gain
People living in Blackburn and its environs can benefit from Pilates in many ways, including:
- Increased body strength through better muscle control. Using what is called ‘contrology’, Pilates encouraged patients to perform all movements with control. The control was to start from the ‘centre’; the group of muscles from which all motion begins. As you develop a consistent routine, you will feel your stamina and endurance increasing. Your core will be better toned and be better able to support the rest of your body.
- The call to focus movements makes demands on the brain, helping to improve your overall ability to concentrate.
- Better breathing- Our highly trained therapists will show you the Pilate way of improving your breathing. By the time you are done, you will have increased your oxygen intake and boosted your circulation as a result.
- Less stress- as a result of deeper breathing and better coordinated muscular movement, you will become more relaxed.
- Less pain- If you suffer from back pains as a result of posture, Pilates will help alleviate this to a great degree. As a regular practitioner, you will also gradually find your sitting posture changing for the better.
Pilates is but one of numerous health services offered at our Blackburn clinic.
For more information on how we can help you improve your wellbeing, dial 01254 202 657 or get the directions to our place and visit us.