If you’re a thinking of getting into shape for the long-term, sign up for Pilates classes at our Stockport clinic.
This is a form of exercise invented over 100 years ago that has proven effective over the years in toning muscle and improving flexibility.
It has also been known to effectively treat back pain as well as help rehabilitate muscles and joints after an injury.
Pilates is the brainchild of renowned German fitness enthusiast Joseph Pilates, developed in the early 20th century. It focuses on using controlled body movements to strengthen the core (the abdomen, lower back and hips).
Resistance is provided by one’s own body, hence there is no need for weights.
Another key aspect of Pilates is breathing. The exercise routines are designed to enhance the intake of oxygen and to improve how the body circulates this oxygenated blood.
A special breathing technique is applied that forces the exerciser to breathe deeply.
Benefits of Pilates For Stockport Residents
Here are a few of the reasons you need to join the Pilates classes in our Stockport clinic:
- After a few sessions, you will notice that your posture has improved. Imbalances in your muscle structure that skew your posture will be addressed.
- Pilates has also been found to help with toning the body. Not only will you look better, your core will feel tighter and firmer.
- If you stick through the many sessions of dynamic stretching in the program, you will find your flexibility improving.
- Pilates is a proven stress reliever. As your breathing patterns get better and more relaxed, tension in the muscles reduces. Being more relaxed means you will be better able to focus.
- Patients who have suffered a traumatic injury to bones or joints will be able to recover faster if Pilates is part of their rehabilitation programme.
- Regardless of how old you are, or how unfit you are, you will be able to join a Pilates programme and reap the benefits.
Send us an online query about pilates and we will respond promptly with the information you’re seeking. You can also reach us on 0161 456 4436.